Intermediaries and Social/Impact Investment—A Growing Asset Class The role of fund managers and professional advisers
- What is the impact investing value proposition?
- How does one grow a culture of impact investing?
- What is needed to support the shift to impact investing e.g. agreed best practice, adjusted rewards, products, regulatory drivers?
- How do impact investors incorporate social impact in screening and assessing investments?
- How are transactions priced, structured and investment decisions made? What is the current state of impact measurement practices and what are the practical challenges investors face?
- Is this type of investment reshaping expectations around the responsibilities of business ?
- How can impact investing deal with the emerging risk of meeting the challenge of doing more good, but being perceived as not doing less harm? Of not addressing income inequality?
- What is the role of government, philanthropy, social and impact investment? Do tax reliefs play a role and can they be improved?