Changing Times: Meet the Growing Client Demand for Philanthropy and Social Investment Advice
“Philanthropy (and values-based conversation) is an amazingly strong tool for strengthening a relationship. C.Hoare & Co believe all their RM’s should have the ability to have these discussions with their customers. Knowing where to go if the conversation becomes deeper and beyond scope of general RM knowledge is a key part of a referral process with clients and this training has empowered our team.”
RENNIE HOARE, Partner and Head of Philanthropy, C Hoare & Co. and Chair of Philanthropy Impact
This training course is intended for professional advisors such as: private client advisors, wealth management, private banking, financial advisors, tax and legal sectors with an interest in values based client centric solutions for (U)HNW clients.
The world is changing, and the professional advice industry must change with it. The shifting values of next generation investors are driving a greater need for a new kind of wealth management. They want more and better philanthropy advice and guidance from their advisors – but the professional advice community receives low ratings for this aspect of their service (average 5.9 out of 10). This training course focuses on what a 10 out of 10 rating should look like and prepares you to deliver this new and important part of your service.
Registering your interest allows us to speak to you about your training needs and ensure we are able to offer you the most impactful training session.
Total training hours: 6
Training type: Modular, Online + Classroom, CPD Certified and CISI and PIMFA endorsed.
Discounts available for Philanthropy Impact, PIMFA and CISI members
All of our training is available to be brought in-house and developed tailored for your firm's needs - click this link here and book a time to speak to our training team.
WHY ATTEND THIS COURSE?
The need for this training is driven by:
- Benefits to Advisors and Firms Professional advisory firms that are customer centric offering their clients support on their philanthropic journey had 6x the median assets of those who do not offer this support, 3x organic growth, 1.3x new money, and higher trust levels.1
- Client Demand – The world is changing and with it the needs and expectations of wealth holders. They are seeking to align their wealth with their values. They expect support from their advisors with their purpose driven investment activities including on their philanthropic journey.
- To be Customer Centric – It is essential for professional advisors to be equipped to talk to their clients about their values, motivations, ambitions and goals as part of the development of a sustainable investment and philanthropic strategy.
Learning Outcomes and benefits to your institution:
- Bring greater depth to your relationships by displaying your commitment to support clients on the issues they care about
- Learn best practice approaches to improve meeting clients' wishes to align with their values, resulting in becoming the first call for all clients
- Become a confident practitioner in the field of philanthropy, social and environmental impact, and understand your role and where to find trusted partners for your clients who align with their values
- Learn about the 23 distinct services a (U)HNW client needs on their philanthropic journey and develop ways to incorporate client support into your advisory practice
- Understand the commercial opportunity for providing support to clients on their donor journey
- Support your firm to reach new clients, enhance retention rates, leveraging philanthropy support services reinforcing a values based purpose driven wealth advisory business leading to commercial growth
- Enhance purpose within your own role by supporting clients to achieve the positive impact they want with their wealth
- Receive 6 CPD certified points endorsed by CISI and PIMFA and a free copy of the Philanthropy Impact online handbook–your go-to resource for delivering an effective philanthropy advice service.
Listen to industry experts Darren Kelland, Head of Private Clients, Hawksford, Rebecca Cretney, Investment Counsellor, Nedbank Private Wealth; Mark Greer, Managing Director, Philanthropy Services, Charities Aid Foundation and Catherine de Maid, Partner, Burges Salmon, in our 30min Walk in my Shoes members series exploring the lifecycle of a private client - and how values and purpose can fit within this lifecycle.