Dear Members and Friends,
The long lasting impact of the outbreak of Covid-19 is yet to be determined, but one thing we are clear on is that philanthropy and social impact investment are more important than ever.
At this time, when we are witness to huge disruption across the globe, we will strive to bring together thought leaders to discuss, collaborate, learn and share knowledge. Our borders may be closed but we will adapt to leverage online tools to bring the topic and discussion to you – wherever you find yourself.
To safeguard our staff, members and network we have made the decision to postpone all face-to-face events and training sessions. In this time where we are unable to hold our popular roundtable events, we are showing the true ability of philanthropy and social impact investment to allow for positive change, by bringing new ideas to the table for collaboration and sharing our knowledge.
Nothing is more valuable for us than our community. In this challenging time, we will try to do our best to stay connected and productive, and we will:
• Continue to provide Professional Advisers with the knowledge needed to grow and enhance the quality of the support you give your clients, the UK’s wealthiest individuals, around philanthropy and social impact investment. To help you meet your client’s needs and demands, particularly at this time and well into the future.
• Work with our strategic partners to bring our sought after events to your home and office, with various videos and webinars.
• Launch our new website - bringing to you a place to search for topics of interest in our new Resource Hub, the ability to get support on how to start a conversation about philanthropy and social investment with a client via our professional adviser support pages, our Giving Guide will be available for anyone looking at starting their philanthropy and social impact investment journey and much, much more.
• Continue to send out our bi-weekly newsletter with a focus on what is happening across the philanthropy and social impact investment space. Please share this link with any of your colleagues that would like to join our mailing list.
• Remain a Centre of Excellence and continue to take registrations for our self-certified CPD training for professional advisers on how to meet the emerging client need.
• Reach out to our incredible network to ensure we are coordinating and sharing as much knowledge and experience as is possible. We will be using social media to share articles and thought pieces that will be of interest to our audience.
• Continue to take Government guidance on procedures for keeping our community safe. Our face-to-face events will be postponed until further notice.
• Continue our work and commitment to our collective mission, we remain accessible via email, phone and video conferencing. Through our business continuity plan, we've tested our remote access systems they are all working well.
Whether it be local community groups or large global funders, we are already seeing the force for good that philanthropy and social investment can be in unprecedented, confusing and concerning times for all. Below is just of small snapshot of the initiatives already taking place in response to the Covid-19 pandemic:
We encourage you to take good care of yourselves, and your communities, and to follow guidelines provided by your country and its health care professionals. We are all working from home whilst this plays out, if you need us you can reach us via email or on our mobiles:
Rachele: +44 (0)7480 894463
Zofia: +44 (0)7825 871839
John: +44 (0)7803 051674
We look forward to being in touch and thank you for sticking with us.
Stay well, and take care,