Philanthropy and Social Impact Investing: their role in the recovery from COVID-19
Join us in an audience driven interactive session where you ask the questions of the panel on the topic what’s next for philanthropists and social impact investors – how should they address the COVID-19 recovery stage and beyond?
Audience members should submit questions in advance asking them and/or expressing your opinion live at the event. For example, after this period of lockdown and looking at recovery and beyond:
- What does the chair and panel feel this will look like and what is needed at this upcoming stage?
- Are we ready to address the several economic and societal issues that this crisis has produced?
- What is the role of philanthropists and social impact investors in addressing these issues?
- Why do only approximately only 10% of the wealthy in the UK give most of the donations for (U)HNWI and with the medium point of giving at £4,000 how can we get the other 90% to participate?
- We are already seeing the force for good that philanthropy can be in uncertain times, but can it alone be the answer to the recovery? Or is now the time to be bold?
- How can professional advisors address their clients’ values helping them on their donor journey? After all UHNWI when supported by advisors on their donor journey give 17 times more £335k vs. £19K
- What is the risk appetite for new models of funding for philanthropists and for innovation on the part of charities?
CPD 60 minutes (1 hour) self-certified CPD points
Chair: Mary Rose Gunn, Founder and Chief Executive,The Fore
Panel: James Banks, CEO, London Funders; Nancy Bikson, Managing Director, Chapel & York; Lisa Ashford, Director and CEO, Ethex; Dr Maximilian Martin, Global Head of Philanthropy, Lombard Odier.
What questions do you want the panel to discuss with you, the audience? Please send them to Rachele.Menditto@philanthropy-impact.org
During Episode 12 of Philanthropy Impact’s Walk in my shoes series, we discussed the challenges and opportunities that the philanthropic sector is going to face during the next stage of recovery and what role could play in helping our society.
Don’t miss the chance to go deeper into the topic and interact with the speakers during the discussion. Join this event and explore with the panel members the role of philanthropy and impact investing in addressing the issues related to COVID-19 recovery.