Philanthropy and Social Impact Investing: their role in the recovery from COVID-19

Event details
Location and contact details for this event.
Event type: 
Webinar
Date: 
14 Jul 2020 - 4:00pm to 5:00pm
Venue address: 
WEBINAR
Organisation: 
Philanthropy Impact
Telephone: 
07480894463

 

 

 

Join us in an audience driven interactive session where you ask the questions of the panel on the topic what’s next for philanthropists and social impact investors – how should they address the COVID-19 recovery stage and beyond?

Audience members should submit questions in advance asking them and/or expressing your opinion live at the event. For example, after this period of lockdown and looking at recovery and beyond:

  •  What does the chair and panel feel this will look like and what is needed at this upcoming stage?
  • Are we ready to address the several economic and societal issues that this crisis has produced?
  • What is the role of philanthropists and social impact investors in addressing these issues?
  • Why do only approximately only 10% of the wealthy in the UK give most of the donations for (U)HNWI and with the medium point of giving at £4,000 how can we get the other 90% to participate?
  • We are already seeing the force for good that philanthropy can be in uncertain times, but can it alone be the answer to the recovery? Or is now the time to be bold?
  • How can professional advisors address their clients’ values helping them on their donor journey? After all UHNWI when supported by advisors on their donor journey give 17 times more   £335k vs. £19K
  • What is the risk appetite for new models of funding for philanthropists and for innovation on the part of charities?

CPD   60 minutes (1 hour) self-certified CPD points

Chair: Mary Rose Gunn, Founder and Chief Executive,The Fore

Panel: James Banks, CEO, London Funders; Nancy Bikson, Managing Director, Chapel & York; Lisa Ashford, Director and CEO, Ethex; Dr Maximilian Martin, Global Head of Philanthropy, Lombard Odier.

What questions do you want the panel to discuss with you, the audience? Please send them to Rachele.Menditto@philanthropy-impact.org 

During  Episode 12 of Philanthropy Impact’s Walk in my shoes series, we discussed the challenges and opportunities that the philanthropic sector is going to face during the next stage of recovery and what role could play in helping our society.

Don’t miss the chance to go deeper into the topic and interact with the speakers during the discussion. Join this event and explore with the panel members the role of philanthropy and impact investing in addressing the issues related to COVID-19 recovery.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Terms and conditions

Prior registration is required. Following resistration, registrants will receive an email containing instructions for joining the webinar. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask live questions of the speakers during the web-event.

Please note we can only accept credit/debit cards as methods of payment for the web-event. Payment must be made by credit/debit card at time of booking. It is regretted that refunds of purchased of web-events are not permissible, nor bookings transferable to another participant/registrant name. All bookings are considered binding once the online registration form is submitted and booking completed.

 

Event registration
Event cost: 
Non-members £30/£40
Registration: 
registration@philanthropy-impact.org
Suitable for: 
Professional advisers, philanthropists, social investors, trusts and foundations