TFN London event smashes target, raising £54,000 to combat climate change
The Funding Network’s latest London event, which had a climate change theme, raised over £54,000, smashing its £25,000 target.
Over 60 people pledged their cash to five environmental projects at the event held at the Royal Institute of British Architects on 26th September, including 20 people giving for the first time through TFN. The projects were:
- Climate change campaigner 10:10, founded by the director of the film ‘The Age of Stupid’, that was originally funded by TFN in 2005, raised £20,636.
- Global Cool’s climate change education programme Project Genie raised £6,157
- Environmental think tank Green Alliance raised £10,250
- The Glacier Trust, an organisation that helps high-altitude communities cope with climate change, raised £9,452
- International environmental campaigning group the Environmental Investigation Agency’s Chilling Facts programme raised £7,931
Speakers included author Mark Lynas, TFN member Giles Chitty and Institute for Philanthropy director for press Musa Okwonga.
The next TFN London event will be on 2nd December.